‘Find your own way, have an open spirit, and believe in your own beauty.’
Hello guys, welcome back!
Hope you’ve all been well and have been enjoying the lovely weather we’ve been having lately.
I attended the Vogue Beauty Awards Pop-Up Shop at Vogue’s HQ in London’s Hanover Square back in June and since then I have been testing out a few of the products I received on the day, so I can give you the complete low down!
The Vogue Beauty Awards Pop-Shop was a week-long experiential event hosted by Feel Unique in collaboration with British Vogue & Pinterest to celebrate their #BeautyWithoutBoundaries campaign.
- at the event, we also had the opportunity to try out the Vogue Beauty award winners’ and some of the nominees’ products.
To see the full list of award winners check out the link below:
The concept behind the campaign was to promote unique individual beauty in a positive and inclusive way. Encouraging the appreciation of beauty in all its various forms.
FeelUnique kindly offered guests at the event exclusive goody bags filled with some of their great products and samples in a chic limited-edition vogue tote. I will be giving my verdict on the products a little later on.
Monday 11th June – Bobbi Brown Makeovers ~
- Bobbi Brown Cosmetics is a global well-renowned beauty brand that empowers women to embrace and enhance their individual beauty. The cosmetics line was founded in 1991 by makeup-artist-turned-entrepreneur Bobbi Brown, who aims to encourage women “to look and feel like herself, only prettier and more confident” with the aid of her beauty products which focuses on a more natural look.
The first day of the event consisted of Bobbie Brown Makeup tutorials and makeovers. The brand’s Instant Full Cover Concealer had been one of the lucky winners at the Vogue Beauty Awards 2018 (won -The Make-up Transformer category).
I am a big fan of Bobbi Brown cosmetics and I love recommending the brand to my friends and family, especially their award-winning skin foundation stick. It is absolutely lush! It helps to create a matte, even and full wearable coverage. I normally alternate between the shades Golden (6) and Golden Almond (6.75) depending on how tanned my skin is at that particular time.
Golden (6 ) is a light brown shade with peachy yellow undertones, whereas Golden Almond ( 6.75) is a more medium brown with olive and yellow undertones. This stick method makes application nice and simple. It has a great creamy texture, which leaves you with a dewy glow. Highly recommend trying!
I normally buy the foundation from John Lewis, where it is currently retailing for £31.00.
- Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Stick
Skin Enhancer Of The Year
Winner: Fenty Beauty Killawatt Freestyle Highlighter
Tuesday 12th June – Pinterest x Talonted Lex Unusual make-up for confidence talk~
On Tuesday the very inspiring northern beauty blogger Lex was invited to speak about her skin journey at the event. She was a complete pleasure to meet and listen to!
Lex spoke about her rosacea condition, caring for sensitive skin and how she has worked to overcome the hurdles that the condition presents, She also spoke about ‘unusual’ beauty methods she has adopted to boost her confidence and the ways she goes about encouraging those who follow her on her social media platforms who may be suffering from similar ailments.
Wednesday 13th June – Sana Jardin Fragrance workshop~
On Wednesday Sana Jardin ran a fragrance workshop. Sana Jardin was founded by Amy Christiansen Si-Ahmed. Amy ’s lifelong love of fragrance inspired her to create an exquisite portfolio of perfumes. The scents in her collection have also been enthused through her travels within the Middle East with her inspirational grandmother.
– Founder Amy Christiansen Si-Ahmed spoke to The Perfume Society expressing further how her travels had inspired her perfumes: ‘The scents I’d encountered on my travels over the years were enchanting to me: the pure and golden shimmer of orange blossom, the mystical, enveloping depth of sandalwood, the seduction of jasmine blooming at night. I felt I could never find that captured anywhere on a department store shelf.’
Sana Jardin is the world’s first socially conscious, luxury fragrance house. Their perfume bottles are entirely made from recycled glass to promote their ethical principles. They also run an amazing sustainability program to help the Moroccan women who pick the orange blossoms used in several of perfumer Carlos Benaim’s stunning creations for Sana Jardin. I believe this is absolutely incredible as it allows socio-economically disadvantaged women to be self-sufficient and provide for themselves and families, who would otherwise unfortunately not have the recourses to do so, if an initiative like this was not in place.
Favorite scents were Nubian Musk and Revolution de la Fleur.
– Nubian Musk: Blend of musk and vanilla, rose, jasmine, Moroccan grapefruit flower, Haitian vetiver and Australian sandalwood.
-Revolution de la Fleur: Mix of Madagascan ylang-ylang, Moroccan jasmine, frangipani, rose, vanilla, and sandalwood.
Thursday 14th June – REN Skincare Hand Massages~
On Thursday guests were treated to a hand massage using products from the REN skincare range. I loved the products that were used as they all had a great scent and texture. Also found the massage to be super relaxing after a busy morning.
REN also kindly offered to exchange any empty product containers for their full-sized new Atlantic Kelp And Magnesium Salt Anti-Fatigue Exfoliating Body Scrub – I’ve been using the scrub for a few weeks now and I’ve noticed a great improvement to my skin.
-The exfoliating body balm with fresh Sea and Magnesium (Epsom ) salts gently polishes the skin. When massaged on, the exfoliating properties of the product encourages the skin’s natural cell renewal, while the massaging action helps to activate micro-circulation aiding to relax muscle fatigue.
- The scrub is enriched with Atlantic Kelp Extract and Microalgae Oil to help replenish skin with moisture and essential minerals. Infused with REN’s Anti-fatigue essential oils blend it helps to refresh and de-stress the body and mind. I’d definitely recommend purchasing the scrub if you are looking for a relaxing at home spa experience which will leave you feeling pampered.
- Currently retailing for £18.00 at John Lewis
Friday 15th June – Burts Bees Lip-overs with MUA
On Friday ‘Champions for Sustainability’ British Vogue Beauty category winner, Burt’s Bees offered lip treatments.
Favorite lipstick shades in their range were:
- Ruby Ripple and Pink Pool
- Favorite Liner – Rustling Rose
Goodie Bag Review- Some of my fave products! ~
- Elf Eye Shadow Palette –Nice cool shades which are easy to blend and build up a smokey deep look on the eyes.
- Lip Lingerie by NYX Professional Makeup – A liquid lipstick with a lush, matte finish.
- Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Dry Shampoo – Helped to keep hair fresh and cleaner for longer between wash days.
- Vita Liberata Body Blur Instant HD Skin Finish (Latte/Medium) – Love, love love this product! It adds a cute shimmer to the skin whilst giving the skin an instant HD finish. Only a few drops of the product is needed meaning that it should definitely last you a while, great value for money. Can also be used on the face as a makeup prep or mixed with foundation.
- Coach Eau De Parfum Rollerball– The fragrance gets its inspiration from the elegance of New York, the sparkling bustling city that never sleeps. It has a bright warm raspberry scent. The roll-on method makes application super simple. The shape of the perfume makes it very portable and easy to travel with. J’adore!!!
-Let me know if you try out any of the products and how you find them!
‘Beauty is when you can appreciate yourself. When you love yourself, that’s when you’re most beautiful.’